Coconut Grove Freestore (Kailua)
- The Coconut Grove Freestore focuses on plants and seeds. DO NOT DROP OFF OTHER ITEMS.
- Address: curbside at 566 Kipuka Place
- Hours: 7am – 7pm, except for extreme weather.
- Anyone and everyone can participate.
- No one works at the Freestore. It is autonomous, meaning all users are expected to contribute to its maintenance.
- Observe Covid safety – masks and 6-foot physical distancing.
- TURN OFF YOUR CAR. Global warming is bad enough as is.
- Do not take the containers holding the plants unless they are potted plants.
- Contributions of funky old pots, kettles, containers are much welcomed.
- If you drop off plants, label what they are. Sharpie on cardboard works great. DO NOT LEAVE DISEASED PLANTS.
- Close SHARE SEEDS box so the packets don’t get wet. Bulk seeds drop-offs are welcomed. They will be packaged in small quantity and redistributed.
- If you are a Facebook 808 Green Thumbs group members, make a post on what you drop off. Group admin requests that we tag our posts [Coconut Grove Freestore] under the 3-dots icon.
- Respect neighbors.
- Many many more Freestores are needed. Start one!!
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
FREE STORES are anti-capitalist and *anarchist. They are permanent spaces for autonomous exchange. Nothing is for sale. They are not owned, managed, monitored, or surveilled. There is no paid staff. They only keep going if the people who use them keep them going. Unlike Santa and the State, Free Stores give equally to the naughty and the nice. No one’s labor is exploited and no tax-deductions are offered. They are, in all of the word’s various definitions, free.
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
MORE PLANT FREESTORES [MAP]
- Coconut Grove (Kailua)
- Ewa Beach
- Hawai‘i Kai
- North Shore
- Palisades (Pearl City)
Follow us on Instagram at @uhmanoa_freestore