Coconut Grove Freestore (Kailua)
- The Coconut Grove Freestore focuses on plants and seeds. DO NOT DROP OFF OTHER ITEMS.
- Address: curbside at 566 Kipuka Place
- Hours: 7am – 7pm, except for extreme weather.
- Anyone and everyone can participate.
- No one works at the Freestore. It is autonomous, meaning all users are expected to contribute to its maintenance.
- Observe Covid safety – masks and 6-foot physical distancing.
- TURN OFF YOUR CAR. Global warming is bad enough as is.
- Do not take the containers holding the plants unless they are potted plants.
- Contributions of funky old pots, kettles, containers are much welcomed.
- If you drop off plants, label what they are. Sharpie on cardboard works great. DO NOT LEAVE DISEASED PLANTS.
- Close SHARE SEEDS box so the packets don’t get wet. Bulk seeds drop-offs are welcomed. They will be packaged in small quantity and redistributed.
- If you are a Facebook 808 Green Thumbs group members, make a post on what you drop off.
- Respect neighbors.
- Many many more Freestores are needed. Start one!!
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
MORE PLANT FREESTORES [MAP]
- Ala Wai
- Coconut Grove (Kailua)
- Enchanted Lake (Kailua)
- Ewa Beach
- Hawai‘i Kai
- Kokokahi (Kāne‘ohe)
- MCBH (Kāne‘ohe Bay)
- Niu Valley
- Palisades (Pearl City)
- Royal Kunia
- West Loch (Ewa)
Follow us on Instagram at @hawaii_freestore