Enchanted Lake Freestore
- The Enchanted Lake Freestore focuses on plants and seeds.
- Address: curbside at 1501 Akialoa Way, Kailua
- Hours: 24/7, except for extreme weather.
- Anyone and everyone can participate.
- *No one works at the Freestore. It is autonomous, meaning all users are expected to contribute to its maintenance. (an·ar·chism /ˈanərˌkizəm/ n. the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.)
- Observe Covid safety – masks and 6-foot physical distancing.
- TURN OFF YOUR CAR. Global warming is bad enough as is.
- Do not take the containers holding the plants unless they are potted plants.
- If you drop off plants, label what they are. Sharpie on cardboard works great. Put a rock on, or nail through, the cardboard. DO NOT LEAVE DISEASED PLANTS.
- If you are a Facebook 808 Green Thumbs group members, make a post on what you drop off.
- Respect neighbors and keep things tidy.
- Inventory changes minute by minute. Don’t ask Jaimie to hold things for you. She will get cranky.
- Many many more Freestores are needed. Start one!!
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
FREE STORES are anti-capitalist and *anarchist. They are permanent spaces for autonomous exchange. Nothing is for sale. They are not owned, managed, monitored, or surveilled. There is no paid staff. They only keep going if the people who use them keep them going. Unlike Santa and the State, Free Stores give equally to the naughty and the nice. No one’s labor is exploited and no tax-deductions are offered. They are, in all of the word’s various definitions, free.
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
MORE PLANT FREESTORES [MAP]
- Coconut Grove (Kailua)
- Enchanted Lake
- Ewa Beach
- Hawai‘i Kai
- North Shore
- Palisades (Pearl City)
Follow us on Instagram at @uhmanoa_freestore