Ewa Beach Freestore
- The Ewa Beach Freestore focuses on plants and seeds.
- For address message Nita Salvatierra on Facebook (@musubigirl)
- The street is very crowded. Find parking at the end of the street. Do NOT block neighbors’ driveways.
- Hours: 7am – 7pm except for extreme weather.
- Anyone and everyone can participate. No resale.
- No one works at the Freestore. All users are expected to contribute to its maintenance.
- Observe Covid safety – masks and 6-foot physical distancing.
- Do not take the containers holding the plants unless they are potted plants.
- If you drop off plants, label what they are. Sharpie on cardboard works great. DO NOT LEAVE DISEASED PLANTS.
- If you are a Facebook 808 Green Thumbs group members, make a post on what you drop off. Group admin requests that we tag our posts [Ewa Beach Freestore] under the 3-dots icon.
- Respect neighbors.
- Inventory changes minute by minute. Don’t ask Nita to hold things for you. She will get cranky.
- Many many more Freestores are needed. Start one!!
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
FREE STORES are anti-capitalist and *anarchist. They are permanent spaces for autonomous exchange. They are not owned, managed, monitored, or surveilled. There is no paid staff. Nothing is for sale. They only keep going if the people who use them keep them going. Unlike Santa and the State, Free Stores give equally to the naughty and the nice. No one’s labor is exploited and no tax-deductions are offered. They are, in all of the word’s various definitions, free.
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
MORE PLANTS FREESTORES
Follow us on Instagram at @uhmanoa_freestore