The Kāneohe Freestore is an anti-capitalist, anarchist and anti-fascist project.
- Anyone and everyone can participate.
- The Kāneohe Freestore focuses on plants.
- Address: curbside at 47-021 Lihikai Drive.
- Hours: 24/7, except for extreme weather.
- Observe Covid safety – masks and 6-foot physical distancing.
- If you drop off plants, label what they are. Sharpie on cardboard works great. Put a rock on, or nail through, the cardboard.
- If you are a 808 Green Thumbs members, make a post on what you drop off. Group admin requests that we tag our posts [Kaneohe Freestore] under the 3-dots icon.
- Respect neighbors.
- No one works at the Freestore. All users are expected to contribute to its maintenance.
- Inventory changes minute by minute. Don’t ask Gaye to hold things for you. She will get cranky.
- Many many more Freestores are needed. Start one!!
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
FREE STORES are permanent spaces for autonomous exchange. They are not owned, managed, monitored, or surveilled. There is no paid staff. Nothing is for sale. They only keep going if the people who use them keep them going. Unlike Santa and the State, Free Stores give equally to the naughty and the nice. No one’s labor is exploited and no tax-deductions are offered. They are, in all of the word’s various definitions, free.
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
Follow us on Instagram at @uhmanoa_freestore