Kokokahi Freestore (Kāne‘ohe)
- For the address, message @Kristal Thomason on Facebook.
- Hours: 7am-7pm. If planning to arrive before/after hours, message to notify.
- Parking: There is plenty of parking on the side street on the Freestore side of the street. Do not park along the apartment complex corner (tenants parking). Do not block driveways. Disrespect neighbors may result in the discontinuation of the Freestore.
- *No one works at the Freestore. It is autonomous, meaning all users are expected to contribute to its maintenance. (an·ar·chism /ˈanərˌkizəm/ n. the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.)
- TURN OFF YOUR CAR. Global warming is bad enough as is.
- Do not take the containers holding the plants unless they are potted plants.
- If you drop off plants, label what they are. Sharpie available on string. Sharpie on cardboard also works great. Put a rock on, or nail through, the cardboard. DO NOT LEAVE DISEASED PLANTS.
- Close SHARE SEEDS box so the packets don’t get wet. Bulk seeds drop-offs are welcomed. They will be packaged in small quantity and redistributed.
- If you are a Facebook 808 Green Thumbs group members, make a post on what you drop off. If not, please join 🙂
- Many many more Freestores are needed. Anyone and everyone can participate!! Start one!!
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
FREE STORES are anti-capitalist and *anarchist. They are permanent spaces for autonomous exchange. Nothing is for sale. They are not owned, managed, monitored, or surveilled. There is no paid staff. They only keep going if the people who use them keep them going. Unlike Santa and the State, Free Stores give equally to the naughty and the nice. No one’s labor is exploited and no tax-deductions are offered. They are, in all of the word’s various definitions, free.
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
MORE PLANT FREESTORES [MAP]
- Ala Wai
- Coconut Grove (Kailua)
- Enchanted Lake (Kailua)
- Ewa Beach
- Hawai‘i Kai
- Kokokahi (Kāne‘ohe)
- MCBH (Kāne‘ohe Bay)
- Niu Valley
- Palisades (Pearl City)
- Royal Kunia
- West Loch (Ewa)
Follow us on Instagram at @hawaii_freestore