MCBH KĀNE‘OHE BAY FREESTORE
1. The MCBH Kāne‘ohe Bay Freestore focuses on plants and seeds.
2. Address: 1595 Tauanuu Lane
3. Hours: 24/7, except for extreme weather.
4. Anyone and everyone can participate. However you do need to have base access to get on to MCBH.
5. *No one works at the Freestore. It is autonomous, meaning all users are expected to contribute to its maintenance. (an·ar·chism /ˈanərˌkizəm/ n. the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.)
6. TURN OFF YOUR CAR. Global warming is bad enough as is.
7. Do not take the containers holding the plants unless they are potted plants.
8. If you drop off plants, feel free to label what they are before dropping off.
9. DO NOT LEAVE DISEASED PLANTS.
10. Close the SEED MAILBOX after using so the packets don’t get wet. Bulk seeds drop-offs are welcomed. They will be packaged in small quantity and redistributed.
11. If you drop off fruits, do draw faces on them.
12. If you are a Facebook 808 Green Thumbs group member or MCBH Gardens member, make a post on what you drop off. (MCBH Garden-you can add to the current Free Store Friday Post)
13. Respect neighbors.
14. Inventory changes minute by minute. Please don’t ask for updates or to hold items.
15. Many many more Freestores are needed. Start one!!
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
FREE STORES are anti-capitalist and *anarchist. They are permanent spaces for autonomous exchange. Nothing is for sale. They are not owned, managed, monitored, or surveilled. There is no paid staff. They only keep going if the people who use them keep them going. Unlike Santa and the State, Free Stores give equally to the naughty and the nice. No one’s labor is exploited and no tax-deductions are offered. They are, in all of the word’s various definitions, free.
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
MORE PLANT FREESTORES [MAP]
- Ala Wai
- Coconut Grove (Kailua)
- Enchanted Lake (Kailua)
- Ewa Beach
- Hawai‘i Kai
- Kokokahi (Kāne‘ohe)
- MCBH (Kāne‘ohe Bay)
- Niu Valley
- Palisades (Pearl City)
- Royal Kunia
- West Loch (Ewa)
Follow us on Instagram at @hawaii_freestore