- The Tyrell’s Angels (Waipahū) Freestore focuses on plants.
- Address: 94-409 Uanii Place
- Hours: 8am-10pm, except for extreme weather.
- Anyone and everyone can participate.
- *No one works at the Freestore. It is autonomous, meaning all users are expected to contribute to its maintenance. (an·ar·chism /ˈanərˌkizəm/ n. the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.)
- Observe Covid safety – masks and 6-foot physical distancing. TURN OFF YOUR CAR. Global warming is bad enough as is.
- Do not take the containers holding the plants unless they are potted plants.
- Contributions of funky old pots, kettles, containers are much welcomed.
- When dropping off plants, label what they are. Sharpie on cardboard works great. Put a rock on, or nail through, the cardboard.
- If you are a Facebook 808 Green Thumbs group members, make a post on what you drop off. Group admin requests that we tag our posts [Waipahu Freestore] under the 3-dots icon.
- Respect neighbors. Park near bushes across the street, or on street parking on Honowai Street.
- Inventory changes minute by minute. Don’t ask Josiah to hold things for you. He will get cranky.
- Many many more Freestores are needed. Start one!!
- PSA: Tyrell’s Angels store also accepts food, clothes & miscellaneous donations which are donated to low-income & houseless families.
Sorry, Free Store does not accept checks, credit cards, paypal, venmo or cash…
FREE STORES are anti-capitalist and *anarchist. They are permanent spaces for autonomous exchange. Nothing is for sale. They are not owned, managed, monitored, or surveilled. There is no paid staff. They only keep going if the people who use them keep them going. Unlike Santa and the State, Free Stores give equally to the naughty and the nice. No one’s labor is exploited and no tax-deductions are offered. They are, in all of the word’s various definitions, free.
TAKE = act without shame
LEAVE = share without condition
WHATEVAS = trust without apology
MORE PLANTS FREESTORES
Follow us on Instagram at @uhmanoa_freestore